Please complete the Booking Form and return it to the Symposium Secretariat. This will secure your place, providing space is available. Your place will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment. Early Bird registrations must be received by 29 July, 2005. Thereafter full payments must be received by 3 October, 2005. Neither delegates nor accompanying persons will be registered in Prague without prior payment of all monies.Delegate Fee includes
- Admission to all Symposium sessions
- All official 12th Symposium publications and other documents
- 12th Symposium Session Papers
- Summary of Current Readership Research
- Brunch on Sunday 23 October, lunches/coffee breaks during Working Sessions
- The Gala Dinner, Welcome Reception and any official sponsored drinks
|Date Booked||Up to 29 July, 2005||30 July, 2005 and after|
|€ Euros||€ Euros|
Accommodation will be principally in the Prague Marriott Hotel, subject to availability, where the Symposium will take place.
|These accommodation rates include Symposium Breakfast and local taxes|
|Up to 29 July, 2005||30 July, 2005 and after|
|€ Euros||€ Euros|
|4 Nights Package||1,040||1,040|
These rates apply only to reservations booked through the Symposium office and paid for by 30 September, 2005 and providing space is available.
We have a limited number of more basic rooms available at another hotel. Please email the Secretariat if you are interested in one of these.
- Accommodation, if sharing with registered delegate at the Prague Marriott Hotel, or other hotel booked by the Secretariat
- Symposium Breakfast
- Welcome Brunch to meet other accompanying persons
- The Gala dinner, Welcome Reception and any sponsored drinks
|These accommodation rates include a buffet breakfast and taxes|
|Accompanying Persons||€ Euros|
|4 Nights Package||350|
When you have calculated the amount you need to pay, please choose your Method of Payment and, if appropriate, send the payment/credit card number to the Secretariat. Upon receipt of the automated Booking Form, the Secretariat will check your requirements and issue an invoice, (receipted if payment has been received). It is essential that you quote your name when making bank transfers. We accept credit card payments via Mastercard or Visa.
Please read item 6 on the Conditions of Booking on the back of this Booking Form, for applicable charges for cancellations and substitutions. Please note that these charges will be levied.
Please read these carefully before registering.
- Ipsos UK Ltd and KMR Group, (The Agents), act solely in the capacity of Agent and not as Principal when making arrangements for transportation and accommodation. All tickets and arrangements made by The Agents for transport and/or accommodation are made upon the express condition that they will not be liable for damage, loss, injury, accident, delay or irregularity which occurs by reason of any act or default committed by any other person or Company in carrying out the transport and/or accommodation arrangements.
- The Agents accept no responsibility for loss, inconvenience or additional expenses incurred due to delays or changes in transportation, accommodation or other services arising out of war, threat of war, terrorism, weather, industrial action or any other event outside their control. If any such event shall occur and consequently the arrangements for the accommodation have to be materially modified or cancelled, The Agents will use their best endeavours to make acceptable alternative arrangements and/or obtain a refund of any sum already paid, but they can accept no further liability by them in respect of any cancellation or modification of the arrangements.
- Providing space is available, a delegate may reserve a place at the Symposium by completing, signing and sending the Booking Form together with the appropriate Fee to the Symposium Secretariat. The booking is confirmed when the appropriate fee has been received. The Secretariat reserves the right to refuse an application for a place at the Symposium. In the event of the booking not being accepted, the Fee will be refunded.
- Amounts will be invoiced in € Euros, £ Sterling or US$ dollars as chosen by the delegate. For method of payment, please refer to the Booking Form and How to Book section overleaf. Credit card payments can be accepted in € Euros, US$, and Sterling amounts. Neither delegates nor accompanying persons will be admitted to any session or social event without prior payment of all monies owing. Accompanying persons will not be admitted to any working sessions of the Symposium.
- The Agents reserve the right to levy a surcharge in the event of (a) the € Euro appreciating by more than 2% against Sterling (using the rate according to The Financial Times) after 1 June, 2005 and date of payment, and (b) any adverse changes in the rate of Czech Republic local taxes on local goods and services in Prague, changed through Government legislation. It is hoped that this will not be necessary
- Cancellation by the delegate must be made in writing to the Symposium Secretariat at Ipsos UK. Cancellation fees will be
charged in accordance with the scale below :
in writing by:
Amount of cancellation charge
(Shown as % of TOTAL amount payable)
5 August, 2005 25% 5 September, 2005 50% 30 September, 2005 75% Thereafter 90%
- Flight bookings are subject to airline conditions of booking.
- It is the responsibility of a delegate and accompanying person to check whether a visa is necessary to enter the Czech Republic.
- The Agents are responsible for the prepaid accommodation and associated specified services. All extras, e.g. room services, individual bar bills, telephone charges and other incidental charges, are to be settled directly between the delegate and/or accompanying person and the Prague Marriott Hotel, V Celnici 8, Prague, 110 00 Czech Republic, or any other hotel booked through them as applicable.
- Delegates are strongly recommended to take out their own travel insurance.
- If in the opinion of The Agents, a delegate and/or accompanying person behaves in such a way to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others or damage to property, any conference arrangements may be terminated by The Agents. The Agents cannot be held responsible for any damage, distress, bodily injury or illness caused by or to another person or to property by the wilful act or omission of any other person.
- The signature of the delegate or his/her duly authorised agent on the Booking Form shall signify the delegate’s acceptance of the above conditions and the same shall bind both parties to this contract.
- English law shall apply to any claim against The Agents and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.